Sunday, November 4, 2012

American Food in HK

So, I've had McDonald's, Burger King, Pizza Hut, and Starbucks in HK.

McDonald's 

For obvious reasons, McDonald's menu caters to the people of HK. There's the standard hamburger and chicken McNuggets, but there's also lemon ice tea, Horlick McFlurries, etc. (side note: I really like Horlick... it's a malted milk drink that's very popular in HK. Something about it is just so good. I always have it with my meals!)

The BEST thing that I had there was the taro pie. OMG. I can't even describe how good it is. I also had a pineapple pie in China... that was a little weird. Didn't like it. But the taro pie... mmMmm. Well, of course, all good things come to an end. Shortly after I discovered it, it disappeared from the menu. -_- My guess is that it's a seasonal thing.

 

Burger King

I actually don't even really go to BK in the US. I only went in there once to get fries because it was more convenient than going to McDonald's, lol.

Pizza Hut

 

Yes. That is Pizza Hut. Pizza Hut is just a fast food place in the States. There is almost no way to dine in, unless you're eating at Target (but that's really not the same). In HK, it's pretty fancy, LOL.

Pizza Hut is my favorite pizza place in the US. FAVORITE. The experience I had in HK was just alright.

Pizza and pasta!

Starbucks
It's supposed to say Jennifer. A for effort though.
One thing is for sure... Starbucks is expensive all over the world. I brought my gold card over, and that kind of shocked all the employees since they've never seen it before. 

Some time after my arrival, they started pushing the gold member thing, so it's still fairly new in HK. But, just so you know, your gift card from the US will work in HK... no need to convert the money or anything. 

Starbucks has most of the standard drinks, except for passion tea... which means there's no passion tea lemonade (my favorite drink). I was so sad. :( They also don't really have a 'light' option like they do in the US. I think their only sugar-free syrup is vanilla. 

So, the Starbucks' that I've been to have all been in the shopping center with self seating (no real storefront). Some people just rest there, but don't buy drinks. I guess because buying a drink isn't really enforced or anything. Most of the time when I go in the afternoon, Starbucks is filled with high school students... T_T 

Side note: High school students have to wear uniform... and the uniform is seriously not flattering on anyone at all. They also have some qipao style uniforms.

 

If you come across uniform that actually looks decent... chances are those students are going to an international boarding school or something. I mean the uniform they have is actually fitted and the skirts are actually shorter. I don't have a picture, but they just look a LOT better.

Jenn





No comments:

Post a Comment