Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Eve

It's Christmas Eve... and all the exchange students are away from home. So, some of us go together for a Christmas Eve potluck. :)

This went down in I-House (International House). I think most of the exchange students live here. It's just a short walk away from my dorm. It's not really close to the main campus, which is where all the classes are, so you definitely do not want to miss the bus if you get placed there.


At this point, almost everyone was getting ready to leave HK. A lot of students are only here for one semester, but I was here for two. D:

On the day of Christmas Eve, we decided to go shopping for the potluck together. Everyone met at the MTR station and then we headed to Shatin. 

The most popular supermarket in HK is probably ParknShop (spelled exactly like that).  ParknShop was my best friend for a while. I started getting sick of canteen food (cheap but super greasy), so I bought a lot of fruits to eat at the dorm. I actually tried cooking and stuff once upon a time, but people started stealing my food from the shared refrigerator. Like, one time I bought a dozen of eggs, and the next day... I literally had four left. What the heck................ -_____-

Anyway, I bought ingredients to make mac and cheese (an American making mac and cheese...). We bought a lot of meat... and just pan-fried it since we didn't have a grill to do it KBBQ style. I forgot what else we had.


Oh, we had cake too. :D We got it at some hole in the wall bakery (there are tons of those here)... for like $10USD or something. So cheaaap!!!

My closest and only California friend was leaving me. :( Sigh. Did I mention how I had to talk in proper English all the time?! I was so happy to make a California friend because I was finally able to talk slang again. LOL. :(

By the way, China does not recognize Christmas as a holiday, but Hong Kong does, lol.

Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment