Tuesday, September 4, 2012

I've Arrived!




I arrived safe and sound. My uncle picked me up and my adventure in HK officially started. I didn't know where we were going half the time. I just followed him around. We took ones of those buses to the train station. Then, the train took us straight to the entrance of CUHK (University Station).

It was kind of a hassle getting around. We took a bus to S.H.Ho College, where I was supposed to check in. The student workers there gave me a key to my temporary room and told me to check in at the Office of Academic Links (OAL) at Lady Ho Tung Hall. After that, I walked back to the place where I first checked in and waited around for a shuttle to take my luggage to Pentecostal Mission Hall High Complex (my temporary hostel). It was actually right next to Lady Ho Tung Hall, so I could have taken the luggage there myself. -_- The student workers made it sound like it would be super far away. After that was settled, I went back to the OAL to get a short tour around the school. I didn't get much out of it because I couldn't really hear the tour guides, so I was just following the crowd. The tour ended at Pi Chiu building, which was where we get our student ID cards. The tour guides kind of just left us after that, so I had to get back to OAL on my own. I totally did not know where to go. At first I tried to figure it out on my own, but I figured that I would be better off asking for directions, lol! :p

My uncle was waiting for me at the OAL the whole time. The whole process took around 2-3 hours. I felt so bad. D: We walked to the train station and went to the Shatin New Town Plaza. It's literally two stops away from the University, and when you exit the train station, you'll be in the mall. It's huge with seven stories of shops It also connects to these other buildings with multiple stories of shops. I didn't really take pictures these few days, but I will after I move to my permanent hostel. Anyway, I went to this plaza three days in a row just shopping around for necessities.

My uncle took me to visit my grandpa after that. :) It was actually really far away from school. It was a little awkward interacting with him because... I didn't really know what to talk about. I was just watching people play mahjong until dinner time. Then, my grandpa took me back to CUHK.


View from my temporary dorm
I met my temporary room mates for the first time when I got back. I have two! One is from Switzerland (Daveline) and one is from China (Herria). We are getting along very well thus far. It's too bad that we will be parting on Saturday. D:

Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment