Saturday, September 8, 2012

Exploring Shatin

Yesterday, CUHK set up a luncheon for all the exchange students that will be living in United College (my permanent hostel). It was just a small room full of people. I expected more students to be there. o_o But, anyway, I met a fellow UCR student (Rick) there. I was going to go Jusco (it's like the Dollar Tree of HK... everything costs $12 HKD!) in the Shatin Galleria to buy more things, so I invited him. I actually invited another girl that I had just met, but she was busy when I was about to leave. We took a bus there (found the directions on Google Maps). I knew that the galleria was really close by, but I wasn't sure which direction to walk. Rick was Googling it, and I tried to ask a lady. She attempted to give me directions, but she was actually totally off. LOl. But I realized that she didn't really know what she was talking about half way into the conversation. After a bit of walking, we eventually got there.

After we bought our things, we decided to go to IKEA too (actually, it was my idea because I really wanted to go and I was totally not happy that I couldn't find it the day before, LOL). Anyway, we got off at Shatin and entered the Shatin New Town Plaza (my third time -_-). Though we were lost for a while, this time I actually decided to ask for directions.. so we eventually found it! The first time I went looking for IKEA, I thought it would be super close by so I wouldn't have to venture too far away from the plaza. But... I realized that it was not as close as I expected it to be, so I decided to just go back home. I didn't want to get lost on the streets by myself. LOL. But, we found it, and I bought my pillow, blanket, etc. there. Then, we went to dinner at some porridge place in the Citylink Plaza, which is right next to the Shatin New Town Plaza. Food is so cheap here! We both got a bowl of porridge (decent sized), a plate of chow fun, and a drink for $38 each (equivalent to about $5 USD). LOL I was so thrilled.

Anyway, that was part of my first week here in HK! I'll blog more about how I feel about it later. I just wanted to post my activities before I forget (my short-term memory is terrible...).

I've been getting sleepy around 9PM and waking up around 7AM for the past few days. lOL. It's pretty early compared to my sleeping schedule back home (3AM - 12PM).  I tried to stay up until 12AM yesterday so that maybe I would sleep in a bit more, but that didn't happen. I woke up at 7AM again. T_T

Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment