Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Victoria Peak and Lan Fong Yuen



Tony (friend from back home) took me to Victoria Peak yesterday! Hmm... it wasn't as awesome as I thought it would be, but it was quite interesting. We took Bus 15 all the way up, and I think that took about half an hour? It felt like we were going to Big Bear! It's actually pretty amazing how these bus drivers can navigate around really narrow, curvy roads. For those that get carsick easily, there is a trolley that will take you to and from The Peak! We took the trolley back down, and I think we only sat in there for about 10 minutes?

Anyway, I gave Tony a quick tour around campus before we started our adventure. We took the bus around campus instead of walking because the campus is just way too big. Then, we headed to Central for lunch. He took me to Lan Fong Yuen (蘭芳園)!


This little store supposedly serves the best Hong Kong style milk tea (the batch of tea used to make the milk tea is filtered with silk stockings/pantyhose... it is believed to make the milk tea much more smooth). This place is also known for their pork chop bun and lo ting. Lo ting is basically a plate of instant noodles that have been boiled, drained, and stir-fried with chicken, pork, etc. 




LOl. I'm obviously not much of a photographer, but that was my meal! The milk tea was indeed very smooth. I thought that it was perfectly sweetened, but it might be a little bland to those with a sweet tooth. I was underwhelmed by the pork chop bun. It was the size of my palm. I thought it was pretty good, but it wasn't spectacular. I had to order french toast because... I was not going to be full off that tiny pork chop bun. The french toast was very good. It was lightly sweetened on the inside. The last time I had Hong Kong style french toast was at least 10 years ago (back in California), so it was kind of nice to have it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment