Sunday, February 24, 2013

Guangzhou - Mom Leaving China

After coming back from Hainan, I went to school until Thursday. I skipped class on Friday, so that I could spend an extra day with my mom before she left for the States.

My mom and cousin flew directly from Hainan to Guangzhou. I took the bus from Luo Wu to Guangzhou with my other cousin. There's a bus station there that will take you all over southern China. You just have to be willing to sit on the bus for that long, LOl.

I don't have much pictures, but this is mildly entertaining.

Presenting a few dishes from a menu in a certain restaurant in Guangzhou.




Sounds appetizing, does it not?

--

My cousin said he was getting really good luck after wearing a "lucky bracelet" below.


So, of course, my mom, being the superstitious person that she is, got one too. Actually, so did I. 0:)

It's just a bracelet made from red string with some really light gold pieces. Probably costed about $20-30USD or so. This piece of accessory is as Chinese as it gets. It's red, gold, and lucky, haha.

Did I become luckier after wearing the bracelet? I don't think so... But, I've never really been a superstitious person anyway. I mean... I cross the path of a black cat all the time.

--

Oh, I actually walked around an outlet in Guangzhou.

Too bad I'm not really into shopping. I don't usually buy anything, other than food, when I go out, haha.

--

After dinner on Saturday, we took my mom to the Guangzhou airport. :( I thought I'd cry or something, but I didn't, lol. We saw her off and went back to my cousin's apartment. I went back to HK Sunday afternoon.

Jenn



No comments:

Post a Comment