Friday, April 26, 2013

Lan Kwai Fong

Lan Kwai Fong is probably the first spot that exchange students hit after landing in Hong Kong. You will probably catch a good amount of locals and foreigners drinking and partying there Monday through Sunday. Obviously, Fridays and Saturdays are the busiest days. 

LKF is a square block of streets lined with bars and nightclubs. This place is seriously small. I'm talking about only two or three blocks only, but everyone comes here to party. I think ALL the clubs are located here. As usual, girls don't really have to pay a cover fee but guys do. 



I've been in Hong Kong since August 2012, but I didn't visit LKF until April, lol. It's seriously not my scene, but I figure I have to go... It's just one of those places you have to go to in HK.


I met up with a friend from high school at LKF. :) She was studying abroad in HKU (super close to LKF, I think)... and she's also a Gilman Scholarship recipient! We went club hopping with her friends. :) Everyone at CUHK was studying for finals. I totally tried to invite everyone out... :[ It was also a rainy night, I think.

Either LKF or the path you walk along to find LKF is pretty hilly. You might want to leave your heels at home (unless you're really trying to dress to impress). I just went in boots. Easy does it.

I can't say I had a lot of fun. But, I just don't have a lot of fun at clubs in general. The atmosphere was kind of weird. There's just all these (middle-aged?) guys standing around watching the girls. Music was pretty bad. That's pretty much what I noticed, lol.

After clubbing came to an end, I had to find my way home. I took a minibus to Mongkok... then I took a bus from Mongkok to CUHK... and walked back to my dorm. Going home is always a mission at night. >:(

Oh, this was my first and last time at LKF.

Jenn

4 comments:

  1. hey there, may i know where did you take the minibus at LKF? And where will the minibus alight at mongkok?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually don't remember what minibuses I've taken, but I remember the approximate locations, LOl. Sorry if this isn't too useful.

      http://bit.ly/1gAIsnN (The bus from LKF to MK is around here, which is at the bottom of the hill of LKF. I'm not sure that this is necessarily the best bus to take though. It didn't take me directly to where I needed to be in MK to take my next bus. I had to wander around for a while by myself. -___- It was kind of scary, but I actually figured out where I needed to be eventually.)

      http://bit.ly/1gAILPt (Across from this restaurant with the yellow sign is where the bus to CUHK will arrive. There's usually quite a line here at night, so I want to say that you can't get it wrong. I don't really remember, but I THINK the bus is supposed to say Taipo or Taipo Market or something. It stops by the side entrance of CUHK--so not by the MTR but near LSK Building.)

      Delete
    2. Alright thanks so much though! :)

      Delete
  2. Drinking in LKF is always fun but it is also fairly expensive. lan kwai fong bars

    ReplyDelete