Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Ocean Park (Christmas Edition)

The day after Christmas, I went to Ocean Park with my older cousin (who came from Guangzhou) and her friend (who came from Hainan).

Ocean Park (180 Wong Chuk Hang Road, Hong Kong Island)

I think Ocean Park was HK's only theme park for a long time... until Disneyland came along. Again, it's just one of those touristy places that you have to go to. Was it extremely fun? Would I go back? Probably not. I mean, it's still nice to see. :) But, it will set you back $320HKD.

I actually went twice because I had another cousin from China, who had never been to HK before, so my older cousin and I took him here. I didn't have to pay for my own ticket, but if I knew I was going to go again, I would've bought the student pass for $580HKD.

Directions to Ocean Park: I took the MTR to Admiralty station. There should be signs that lead you to the bus station, and from there, simply take Cityroute Bus 629. It'll take you straight to Ocean Park. Eaaasy.


Ocean Park was decorated for the holiday season. :) Well, if I remember correctly, only the entrance was decorated... but that's the only place that matters (for picture taking purposes anyway), right?

Near the entrance is the aquarium and panda place... Most of the "fun" things are on the other side of the park, which requires the riding of a cable car in order to get there (15-20 minute journey). You get to enjoy some nice-ish views if you go on a nice day. As you can see, I went on a particularly foggy day... In fact, I think it might have even drizzled, lol.

 

The other side is probably the better side. You get to see seals and penguins! You get to ride rollercoasters! AND, you get to watch the dolphin show!

I think this is their most "extreme" rollercoaster... Naaaa, not really.

Seals

Penguins

OMG. This was the cutest penguin everrr. It was super tiny!

Seal at the dolphin show

Dolphins... at the dolphin show, lol.

You might even run into this little guy on the other side, LOL!

After the dolphin show, we went back to the entrance side!

Don't mind me. I'm just an agricultural entrepreneur... (those are vegetables in the basket)
Panda chillin on the rock


Lunch time

Jenn


No comments:

Post a Comment