Friday, May 24, 2013

Layover in Japan

So... I had a connecting flight in Japan (Narita International Airport in Tokyo, Japan). Stayed there for four hours before I was finally able to board the flight back to LA.

My parents wanted me to book a straight flight back home, but it was REALLY expensive. $1000 (one way) vs $600 (one stop in Japan). I didn't think a four hour wait was too bad, so I opted for the cheaper option.

The flight to Japan wasn't bad at all. I slept through most of it because I woke up really early for my flight in HK. I think my flight was either at 7:40am or 8:40am... Gross. @___@



This was the first time that I had a connecting flight, lol. Some airport employees were in the front of the gate where I got dropped off waiting for me. Then, they took me to the place where I was supposed to check in. I probably walked like a mile or two to get there, which I usually wouldn't complain about...

Except, I was carrying a BIG Nike gym bag (as my carry on luggage). I had to find ways to make all my luggage fit, you know? That thing was like 20 pounds... It doesn't sound so bad until you're carrying it for a million years... across your shoulder with a full backpack that was probably also 20 pounds.

I was in so much pain. T_T I was so desperate to find one of those strollers for your luggage... but I never found one... until I got to my check-in location. -___- Um.

During my four hours, I was just visiting the shops in the airport. I also had lunch/dinner. I chose to have ramen because... I don't eat raw fish.

Lunch/dinner

My view from the restaurant

Souvenirs(?) from Japan... Cherry blossom, strawberry, and matcha flavored Kit Kats
Not much to say about my short stay in Japan, LOl. I was just happy to board the plane back home!

Oh, and don't carry a gym bag as your carry on luggage................... unless you want to break your back and/or shoulders.

Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment